Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Did he really just say that?

I was watching the premiere of Making the Band 4 yesterday, I can't seem to resist Diddy shows for some reason. If for nothing else to watch Diddy, he is so funny sometimes. Anyway, in Diddy's opening monologue he talks about wanting to find the next great all boy soul/R&B group to follow in the footsteps of the greatest ones. He then lists some great male R&B groups, "The Temptations, New Edition, Boys 2 Men, Nsync". I rewound just to make sure I wasn't hearing things. Yes that's right he included Nsync in that list of great R&B Boy groups... Sweet!!!!

Debbie told me about this contest on the Gym Class Heroes fan club site. It's to create the best "Ill Summer Mix". It got me thinking, what would be my "Ill Summer Mix"? So far I've got a list of 14 potential candidates, but I'm not going to share them with you until I finalize my list. The GCH contest is 15 - 20 tracks, so I have to come up with more and then narrow down to the best 15-20 songs. Since I've been thinking about it since last night, I thought I'd see what my IPOD had to say about it, so I said "IPOD give me an Ill Summer Mix" and this is what it had to say:

1. Somebody to Love - Jefferson Airplane
2. Blurry - Puddle of Mud
3. Stay - Madonna
4. Locked Up - Akon
5. A little less Conversation - Elvis Presley
6. Because of You - Kelly Clarkson
7. Dreaming - Blondie
8. No Sleep till Brooklyn - Beastie Boys
9. Holiday Inn - Chingy, Snoop Dogg & Ludacris
10.In too Deep - Sum 41

There is one song in this list that actually IS already on my list, can you guess which? But other then that I'll have to say while I respect my IPOD's opinions most of the time, this just doesn't look like MY Ill Summer Mix. Maybe my IPOD doesn't understand what Ill is? hmmm.....

No comments: