Monday, July 28, 2008

Stall Tactics

As soon as Riley hears those three words, "Time for bed" from mommy she immediately goes into stall mode. Her most commonly used tactic is aimed directly at Daddy and it goes like this:

"I want to watch Dr. Who, Daddy."

What this means is I want to cuddle with Daddy while he watches Dr. Who and I get to stay up an hour later because that's how long the show is. This is the tactic that works most often for her, but what she hasn't realized yet is that Dr. Who is only on once a week and therefore only works once a week. That doesn't stop her from trying it the other 6 days of the week. What Riley doesn't know is that Daddy has freely admitted that if Dr. Who were on 7 days a week, it would absolutely work for her every single night.

She tried this last night, but it didn't work because it worked earlier in the week. I had to laugh as I had finally realized what she was doing. I had heard her say that to Daddy before, but didn't really put all the pieces together. I told Doug that I should really do a scrapbook page about this particular stale tactic because it is quite funny, and also is why I'm blogging about it now, so that when I get around to actually doing the scrapbook page, I will have remembered what I was thinking. (Note to self: get a photo of Riley and Daddy cuddling watching Dr. Who)

Doug tried to convince me that she just LOVES Dr. Who because it is an awesome show to which I fell off my chair in laughter.

No comments: