Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Itunes Genius

So I downloaded the new iTunes 8 because I was curious about the new Genius playlist feature. (shuffle with a brain) While I'm VERY less then pleased that in order to use it, I have to allow iTunes to upload information about my library, I still turned it on. Gizmodo from the link above said the information uploaded is anonymous, so I'm just going to pretend like I believe that and move on. The feature is pretty cool although it's choices are alittle odd at times (it chose Colorblind to go with SexyBack). I'm surprised at how much rock it chose to go with SexyBack and no hiphop or rap. Hopefully it will get better. My first try at it was using SexyBack by Justin Timberlake. Eight of the 25 songs I have rated at 5 stars, 1 at 4 stars, 1 at 3 stars, and the rest are unrated. Here is the playlist it came up with:

1. SexyBack- Justin Timberlake f./ Timbaland
2. The Queen and I - Gym Class Heroes
3. A little less Sixteen Candles - Fall Out Boy
4. Hate (I really don't like you) - Plain White T's
5. Love and Memories - OAR
6. Perfect Situation - Weezer
7. Cry Me a River - Justin Timberlake
8. Here's to the Night - Eve 6
9. I Just Wanna Live - Good Charlotte
10. Colorblind - Counting Crows
11. These Walls - Teddy Geiger
12. Pop - Nsync
13. Behind Bleu Eyes - Limp Bizkit
14. Don't Speak - No Doubt
15. My Own Worst Enemy - Lit
16. Losing My Way - Justin Timberlake
17. Luxurious - Gwen Stefani
18. But it's Better if You Do - Panic at the Disco
19. Rumors - Lindsay Lohan (this must be a bug, I swear I don't have this. LOL)
20. That's What You Get - Paramore
21. Pieces of Me - Ashlee Simpson
22. Dark Blue - Jack's Mannequin
23. Senorita - Justin Timberlake
24. She's No You - Jesse McCartney
25. Smile Like You Mean It - The Killers

No comments: