Wednesday, October 15, 2008

How you Compare

I already know who I'm voting for, but I thought this quiz at Glassbooth would be interesting to take. First you have 20 points to weight the issues that are most important to you and then it asks you questions about those issues. The more points you give a particular issue, the more questions it asks you about that topic. The one thing that was disappointing was that there was no widget to add your results to your blog like many other quizzes out on the web. It does allow you take take the quiz on Facebook and share with friends, but that's it.

So I took the quiz and it told me that I had the most similarity with Barack Obama, 89% similarity. The breakdown looked like this for me (the issues are in no particular order):


Taxes and Budget 75%
Science 81%
Civil Liberties and Domestic Security 100%
Iraq and Foreign Policy 75%
Internet and Media 88%
Environment and Energy 88%
Health Care 100%
Education 88%
Abortion and Birth Control 100%


For the most part on the issues we didn't agree on 100% (it only asked me 1 question on Health Care and Civil Liberties and Domestic Security), I was a stronger supporter. There were no issues that we just had completely opposite beliefs on. Unlike McCain, were there were several where we were completely at opposite ends on. I had the least amount of similarity with McCain, but I was surprised at the number, 50%. I thought it would have been lower. I wish it also had a quiz for the Vice Presidential candidates as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was an interesting quiz! Surprisingly I was almost equal to Obama and McCain....Hmmmmm.