Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Everyday Life and Childhood Memories

I haven't been blogging as much as I have wanted to since I moved to blogger, but more than I did when I was on Livejournal. I guess I feel like I don't have a lot to say and I feel like the day to day stuff in my life probably isn't all that exciting. Like for example, yesterday, I went to work for 8 hours give or take a few in either direction (haha). I'm not going to write about my work even though it gives me plenty of material. I don't want to get dooce'd. After work, I picked Roo up from school, we came home, had McDonald's for dinner. She got the Master Crane in her happy meal. She really really wants Master Monkey! anyone surprised? Then we went upstairs so I could get some materials for her birthday invitations. She threw a massive temper tantrum because I wouldn't let her bring downstairs the huge pile of crap she had collected together. "But I Love it Mommy, I don't want to put it back!!" Too bad! After that I worked on her birthday invitations, talked to my brother on the phone for a bit, put Roo to bed, played Wii Fit for about 45 minutes, watched some HGtv shows from the on-demand channel, some Chelsea Lately, and went to bed. See very boring, nothing exciting happened, no funny or insightful stories to tell, just everyday boring. Who wants to read about that. Anyway.

I've been thinking alot lately about my childhood memories. Lately, I've been seeing alot of scrapbook pages and blogs about things your mom used to say, or memories from childhood, etc. I feel like I have no memories, I mean I have memories about my childhood, but I don't feel like I have those meaningful stories, life lessons and awesome words of wisdom from my parents that most people seem to have. It's starting to really bother me. Why can't I remember things my Mom used to say or things my Parent's used to do all the time? They are amazing parents so why don't I have these types of memories? I know I must have them, but how do I pull them out, how do I remember them or how do I better convey the memories I have? Maybe that's my problem? I wish I could sit down and write a detailed recount of interesting things that happened in my childhood like this guy. Or why don't I have a scrapbook page all about my mom's words of wisdom like on page 35 of the July Scrapbooks, etc? I want those things, but everytime I try to think about it, I got nothing?

I remember the time I made my mom so mad once she pushed me up against the back door, but I don't remember what I did? I remember my dad worked late alot and everynight no matter what my mom was doing she'd sit in the kitchen with him while he ate his dinner and they'd talk. I remember that my brother and I used to fight, A lot, so much it would make my mom nervous leaving us alone. We'd call her all the time at work. My dad can't turn down stuff. He'll pick uneaten food out of the garbage (at home only) and eat it. He'll pick anything up off the street. We joke about it all the time, how he'll ask Mom to stop the car so he can get that sock laying on the side of the road. I told my brother when he was about 3 or so that he'd played basketball and love it and he told me he never would, that he hated it. I remember my Dad made the best snowmen, he'd collect aftershave bottle tops for eyes and a nose. I have a lot of photos of us making snowmen together. I remember my senior year I got drunk on a school night and had a terrible hangover, puking, and the works and my mom forced me to go to school, but I don't remember what she said to me. So I have memories, lots of them I could go on forever, or moments, but I don't seem to have memories of conversations, I wonder why?

No comments: