Thursday, June 5, 2008

Four Things about Alpha Dog


It was late, but I decided to watch a few minutes of TV before bed last night. I came across Alpha Dog on HBO, it had just started. I ended up watching almost the entire thing. I turned it off just before the kid gets killed because that's a horrible part of the movie. I've seen this movie several times, it has Justin Timberlake in it after all, and each time a couple things about the story really bother me. For one, I can't get over what a pussy Johnny Truelove really is. I mean he's supposed to be some badass drug dealer, but he comes across as a complete pussy. It really drives me nuts. Two, the kid is a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, but he never fights back and he has several times when he can leave and he doesn't. Three, Why doesn't Frankie just make the kid leave in that scene right before they take the kid to kill him? And Four, how can those kids possibly believe that murder is better than kidnapping. The scene where Frankie and Elvis try to rationalize why they have to murder the kid and they talk about how if they let him go they are all looking at life in prison, so it has to be done. What did they think was going to happen after they murdered the kid?
Like I said, I've seen this movie several times and I know the outcome and I know the story it's based on yet I still find myself everytime yelling at the TV for Frankie to just tell that kid to leave in the scene where they are watching Austin Powers. Frankie knows what's about to happening and he doesn't want to do it, he wants the kid to leave why or why doesn't he just force him to go or tell him what's about to go down?

Okay enough of that heavy stuff... Damn isn't Justin Timberlake HOT in that movie!!!!

No comments: