Sunday, September 21, 2008

Block Cake

I've never been interested in trying digital scrapbooking before. I spend ALOT of time on the computer and the thought of sitting in front of the computer to create an entire layout made me cringe. Scrapbooking is a creative outlet for me and always something I've enjoyed away from the computer being able to physically touch all my supplies in the process. There are elements of digital scrapbooking that I really like and I could even go as far as calling myself a semi-hybrid scrapper. I often use the computer to create text, titles, and manipulate photos in photoshop for the layouts. I came across a beginner digital class being taught at Get it Scrapped and decided I'd see what its all about. I'm pretty good with Photoshop, so I figured there wouldn't be a huge learning curve. I've finished the first assignment from the class (which started two weeks ago, I'm slow), my very first ALL digital scrapbook page. I actually enjoyed it, still not as much as paper scrapping, but I enjoyed it. It's very easy to just sit in front of the computer for a few minutes at a time and work on a layout. I don't have to get out all my supplies, sort through everything, or clean up afterwords. And I can do it at work during my procrastination time which is a big plus. So without further ado, I present to you my very first ever all digital scrapbook page, Block Cake.

No comments: