Thursday, March 5, 2009

Neglected Blog

Well, I haven't started the year out very well on the blogging front. The whole point in doing this blog was to use it to help remember all the little things that happen in our lives. I'm going to try and do better with the blog from now on. I have a list of things that I should write about to catch up on, but since hockey has really been in the fore front of my mind lately, I think I'll focus this entry on how my hockey photography has improved over the course of this years RIT season. Hockey is a very new sport for me, I've always been a basketball girl, but after seeing a few RIT games last season, I am now hooked. I can't believe its taken me this long to realize how much fun hockey is, especially RIT hockey. Our whole family has gotten into it which makes it even more fun. It's something we can all do together. Photography is a hobby of mine as I'm sure you know, so putting them together seems logical. I love sports photography, but don't get a lot of opportunities to shoot it. Basketball really is the only sport I've photographed. Well, I guess also I could count the high school football games of my brothers I photographed with my 35mm camera, but that was Sooo long ago. Learning the game of hockey over the course of the year (Thanks Deb!), I can really see an improvement in my hockey photography. I can now somewhat predict where the good action will be. I still have a long ways to go, but here's a little look at how my hockey photography has improved over the course of this RIT hockey season.

First game:

305_0518_copy

Faceoffs, learning how to stop the action, so you can see the puck. Other than that not much good about this photo

311_1147_copy

Alittle improvement, I captured the celebration after a goal. Photos still alittle dark.

322_2254_copy

An okay in action shot:

322_2230_copy

Action shot, but way blurry:

322_2247_copy

A better angle on the faceoff
323_2357_copy

Good facial expressions

324_2441_copy

Getting better, goal shot

325_2501_copy

Better:
325_2539_copy

Nice angle:
312_1247_copy

Latest photos I've processed, very happy with these:

326_2660_copy

326_2611_copy

326_2645_copy

327_2748_copy

326_2675_copy

I know I still have alot to learn about the game of hockey and a lot to learn about photographing hockey, but I must say I am truly truly enjoying both! I'm so glad hockey is a part of my life now.. I can't believe I went so long without it.

GO TIGERS!

No comments: