Thursday, March 26, 2009

Christmas Gifts

I know its March and a little late to be talking about Christmas gifts, but I never got around to sharing the gifts that I made for Riley's teachers. This year I decided to make cookies and cocoa. With Debbie's expert baking help, I was able to produce some decent tasting cookies, and with Doug's shrink wrap and bow tying skills, I was able to make the presentation look nice. Actually, Doug had no idea how to tie a bow, he watched a 5 minute You Tube video and was able to make these very cool bows all while I was still going.. "HUH????" He's good like that. I bought a big jar of Ghiradelli cocoa mix and separated it into smaller baggies which I placed into the mugs along with a candy cane to stir with. I hand wrote directions on how to make the hot chocolate on a tag which I tied to the hot chocolate baggie. I made up a quick tag that said "Cookies and Cocoa", listed out the types of cookies in the tin and put a few stickers on it. On the back side of the tag, I put the 4 photos of Riley that I used on my Christmas cards.

I waited until the last minute to make these, so I got the tins and mugs at 60% off at Joann's and I got the ornaments at 75% off at Kohls. I tried the best I could to match up the ornaments with something each teacher liked to do. Unfortunately, I don't know much about Julie, so I just gave her a standard bell. She was a student teacher at the time, but Riley absolutely loves her and insisted we give her a gift also.

I got a lot of compliments on the gifts, so I think the teachers liked them. By far the best cookies in there were the Oatmeal Butterscotch ones. I had never had them before, Debbie showed me how to make them in a bar shape and they came out super yummie. Just thinking about them makes me want to make some more!

318_1883_copy

318_1885_copy

318_1887_copy

318_1889_copy

318_1890_copy

318_1893_copy

318_1894_copy

No comments: