Friday, April 6, 2007

I bet you didn't know Salt-N-Pepa was a one hit wonder?

I was listening to terrestrial radio on my way to work this morning and I happened by my local top 40 station. They were playing One Hit Wonders and they played "Let's Talk about Sex" by Salt-N-Pepa and then proceeded to call Salt-N-Pepa a one hit wonder. So hmmmm....

Salt-N-Pepa Pop singles discography
"Push It" - #19 US (1987) (Platinum)
"Expression" - #26 US (1990) (Platinum)
"Do You Want Me" - #21 US (1990) (Gold)
"Let's Talk About Sex" - #13 US (1991) (Gold)
"You Showed Me" - #47 US (1992)
"Shoop" - #4 US (1993) (Gold)
"Whatta Man" (featuring En Vogue) - #3 US (1993) (Platinum)
"None Of Your Business" - #32 US (1994)
"Ain't Nuthin' But A She Thing" - #38 US (1995)
"Gitty Up" - #50 US (1998)

I got this information from a simple google search.

So, Can someone explain to me how Salt-N-Pepa was a one hit wonder with "Let's Talk about Sex"? It wasn't even their highest ranked song, Whatta a Man, and Shoop both ended up higher on the charts. Am I missing something?

Listening to Terrestrial radio is so painful especially in the morning. The morning DJ on my local top 40 station is an idiot and exceptionally annoying! I really need to get my Sirius back from Doug's car, so I don't have to listen to this crap! I mean come on, at least get your facts straight, you're supposed to know about music, you're a radio DJ.

No comments: