Tuesday, September 23, 2008

GCH Meet and Greet

I want to get down some thoughts for a scrapbook page I'm formulating.

Debbie and I had meet and greet tickets to a Gym Class Heroes club show in Buffalo, but at the last minute the location of the show changed, we couldn't find the new club, and missed the meet and greet completely. We were pissed, so we complained to anyone who looked like they were important. We were directed to the merchandise area where we eventually spoke with GCH's tour manager, Seth. He was super nice and apologized profusely. After a little negotiation he offered to give us a tour of the band's bus and introduce us to the them after the show. We quickly agreed. After the show he gave us the tour, introduced us to each band member, and gave us some Blue Moon beer and asked us to hang out. The guys ran out of beer during our visit, so when we found out we had meet and greet passes to the show in Rochester, I immediately thought we should bring them beer as a thank you. Deb and I each bought a 12 pack of Blue Moon beer and began scheming how we would get the beer to them, but had no plan going in. At the meet and greet, the guys were all sitting behind a table to sign autographs. I went first, then Andy, then Deb. Deb spent a lot of time at the table while we watched and discussed. At one point, she called me over to talk to Travis. She told him about the beer and left it up to me to arrange a drop off. Travis wrote the phone number of his assistant on the tube I was carrying my poster in and told me to call after the show and we could bring the beer to the tour bus. I walked away and Andy says to me, "You been here like 5 minutes and you have digits already?" To which I reply, "That's how I roll" LOL. The show rocked! Andy didn't stick around after for the beer drop off. We called Travis's assistant, but he didn't answer, so we stood around outside the bus like dorks figuring out what we should do. Eventually, we got up the nerve to just go knock on the door. Travis's assistant answered and we explained what we were there for. He smiled and invited us in. We got to listen to Travis playing unreleased tracks from his room in the back of the bus, and talk with Eric for a little. He was much nicer and more fun then the previous time we had met him. Everyone was excited that we brought beer and I remember at one point looking around at everyone drinking Blue Moon (including Eric) and thinking, We brought that beer.

November 18, 2007.... Blue Cross Arena....Young Guns Tour... Gym Class Heroes Meet and Greet... Andy, Me, and Deb.

253_5341_2

With Seth
253_5342_2

The Beer
253_5340_2

hmm, not sure how I'll fit all that journaling on the page I'm planning....

No comments: